Help me raise funds and awareness for early detection and treatment of Colorectal Cancer & save lives!
YOUR SUPPORT WILL HELP TO PREVENT AND TREAT COLORECTAL CANCER
On Friday, March 2 I will participate with hundreds of participants at Ski Wentworth, as we scale a mountain for Colorectal Cancer.
GUT X ... Get Up There 10
• We will snow shoe up the mountain and ski down, then repeat if possible.
• Every donation goes toward earlier detection and cancer screening awareness in hopes we can save lives!
• Every day one Nova Scotian dies from a disease that is 90% preventable. That disease is colorectal cancer ... and we’re on a mission to prevent and treat this silent killer through funds raised at this year’s GUT.
• In Nova Scotia, early detection kits are mailed out when you reach the age of 50
• Only 30% of the kits are returned ... we need to raise the awareness, lower the age to 40 and remove the stigma so more lives are saved!
My personal story:
• February 5th 2013 I lost my dad to Colorectal cancer.
• 3 years and 1 day later I lost my younger brother at the age of 50 to the very same disease.
• In the last 3 years I also lost a co-worker and then this past year a neighbourhood freind.
• Early screening and detection would have saved them and many others!
It is the 2nd most deadly cancer in Canada & your donations can help find a cure and save lives! Together, in our 10th year, we will not only climb mountains but we will move them and make an impact on the lives of Nova Scotians faced with colorectal cancer diagnosis.
Thank you for supporting my GUT challenge!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.